Welcome to Almaden Elementary School
Academic Language Acquisition
Adquisición del Lenguaje Académico (ALA)
Escuche a los padres y expertos en el ámbito educativo explicando cómo el programa de SJUSD llamado Adquisición del Lenguaje Académico (ALA) les ayuda a los estudiantes a hacer la transición del español al inglés.
*Por el momento, este video sólo está disponible en español
Morning Drop Off and Afternoon Pick Up
The safety of our students is of the utmost importance. Please adhere to the following rules:
1. Pull into the valet line and drop your child off by the office if you are not getting out to walk your child to the line or cafeteria.
2. Please refrain from dropping your child off in the middle of the busy street or pulling into the driveway of our neighborhood homes. This is dangerous and could result in an accident.
3. Please refrain from making a 3-point turn in the middle of the street. This slows down the flow of traffic and again, could result in an accident. You will need to drive to the end of Dentwood and turn in the cul-de-sac or drive through the valet line in the parking lot and turn from there.
4. Please drive slowly. I have timed traffic, and it takes approximately 15-17 minutes to clear out traffic. This year Pioneer High School dismisses around the same time we do and this has caused our traffic to back up.
5. Please be patient. The safety of our sweet children is in all our hands. Modeling this patience is a great way to teach your children the importance of being respectful and kind to others.
I will be at the crosswalk for the next few weeks so that I can monitor traffic and ensure that we are ALL doing our part to adhere to the rules.
Lisa Montes, Principal
Vision StatementAll San Jose Unified School District students are inspired and prepared to succeed in a global society.
Mission StatementSan Jose Unified School District’s mission is to eliminate the opportunity gap and provide every student with the finest 21st century education.