Audition Date is Thursday, April 7, 2016 from 3:15 to 5:15 in room 74 at Hoover Middle School.
1. Sign up for an audition slot here. You will need a free Sign-Up Genius account.
2. Print an Audition Information Sheet. Click here to download.
3. Prepare a one (1) minute monologue. Click here for suggestions, or find one on your own! You should have it memorized and ready to perform.
4. Show up early for your audition time and wait outside the room 74 door until called.
5. When called to perform, hand Mrs. Jordan your completed Audition Information Form. Introduce yourself by saying, “Hello, my name is (Your Name Here), I will be performing the part of (name of your character) from the play/movie/show (Name of play/movie or show)
6. Perform, showing your best stuff and enjoy!
7. After performing, please do not ask, “How did I do?” , simply say, “Thank you” and exit.
8. I will post a list of Advanced Drama Students for the 2016-2017 school year on this web page. Please check back.
My name is Elizabeth Jordan and I have been working for SJSUD since 1999. I received my B.A, in Social Science with an emphasis in Child Development, Multiple Subjects Credential, Single Subject in English, single subject teaching credential in Computer Concepts and Applications and Masters Degree in Instructional Technology from SJSU. This is my sixteenth year teaching middle school at Hoover. I teach classes in Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced Drama, Conservatory, and Stage Tech. I am also qualified to teach computer classes and have taught Video Production and Keyboarding skills. Drama and theatre remain my passions in both my personal and professional lives.
I want to welcome all my new students and parents to a fun and educational school year. I am so excited to work with you to make sure our Drama and Stage Tech students have the required social and academic skills to succeed. Some of my teaching preferences include lots of hands on activities and projects. Ensemble is a must; my students will be working in pairs and in groups. Students will have homework that is assigned to allow them to gain a deeper understanding of themselves and the subject.I look forward to students having fun while learning!
A little bit about myself: I live in Willow Glen with my husband Sean and my nine-year-old son Connor. I have two adult sons, Jason and Joshua who are now on their own! We have two dogs, Riley and Bella that keep us very busy. We enjoy our weekends swimming, camping, acting in local faires, and generally playing in the area.
Parents are always welcome in my class. Volunteers are greatly appreciated. I look forward to a fun and successful school year!
Please check my web pages for further information and details about each of the classes I teach.