WHAT is John Muir SELAC?
WHAT: School English Learner Advisory Committee
WHO: Parents of students who are English Learners or parents of students who have been reclassified less than three years ago
WHEN: SELAC Meetings are once a month on Wednesdays from 10:00 - 11:00 am in the Library.
WHY: SELAC gives important information about John Muir Middle School.
• Gives parents the opportunity to make decisions about programs/activities at the school
• Gives information on how to help your child in school
• Provides guest speakers about various topics, including gangs, academics, study habits
Decades of research have shown that when parents are involved, students have:
• Higher grades
• Higher test scores
• Increased academic achievement
• Better school attendance
• Increased motivation and better self esteem
• Lower rates of behavioral problems
• Decreased use of drugs and alcohol
Please become involved in your child’s education!