Lincoln Staff Only


Student Support

Academic Information

The following sites offer support to students:

Help with papers
This site is an excellent source when citing your references.
MLA and APA Citation

This site is a comprehensive online writing lab that can help you with any type of paper.
The Owl at Perdue

General Online Help
This is a great source of free help online!
Free Online Tutoring

Studying & Test Taking Tips
Study Guides and Strategies
Test Taking Tips

Community Partners

The San Jose community has extended their hand to our campus to aid our students in their time here at Lincoln. Contact the agency directly or the Career Center for more information.
EAOP, EOP/S and Upward Bound service students who are first generation and /or low income .
EAOP- Early Academic Outreach Program. Part of University of California. Supports and advises high school students concerning college admissions, financial aid and promotes academic success and growth.

EOP/Spartan Scholars- Part of California State University at San Jose. Supports and Advises students concerning college admissions, financial aid and promotes academic success and growth.

EOPS- Extended Opportunity Program & Services - Supports and advises students on junior colllege opportunties, transferring to a four year college, financial aid, promoting academic success.

NHU/Upward Bound- Part of National Hispanic University that offers tutoring, college advising, Saturday sessions to colleges, art programs, visits to community leaders and businesses.

YMCA - Y AchieversClub that enhances the academic, personal, and career goals of youth from diverse backgrounds so they can become innovative speakers. Contact Central YMCA at 408 298-3237 for information

FLY Program Fresh Lifelines for Youth- Non profit organization whose mission is to redude juvenile violence and juvenile crime. It teaches young people about the rule of law and consequences of crime, while also buiding life skills such as conflict resolution, poblem solving and communicating. FLY also works closely with youth and their families to link them with social services to help prevent delinquent behavior

Camp Campbell- Lincoln students have a chance to a cabin leader for the YMCA’s Outdoor Science School in Boulder Creek. The job demands responsibility, strength and patience. it can also be very rewarding and students can possibly earn 20 hours of community service. Applications are available in the career center

Workforce Silicon Valley-WSV exposes students to see how knowledge is used in the real world and helps build accountability and support among businesses, higher education, and K-12 schools, through the development of industry-specific Learning Collaboratives in which employers and educators together define curriculum and set student performance standards. Lincoln works with this group to inform students of job shadowing opportunities.

Gear Up-

The San Jose State University GEAR UP program prepares sophmore high school students for school success and post-secondary education. Support is provided for the adults who influence and assist High school students, specifically their counselors, English and mathematics teachers, principals and families. Scholarships, based on academic success and financial need, will be provided for GEAR UP students going on to college.

Central County Occupational Center (CCOC) is a product of a consortium of six school districts that has unique facilities and opportunities for career training. Students can earn high school credit while learning a trade such as welding, medical assistant or cosmetology. Close commuication is maintained with the homeschool of the student. Good attendance is important (CCOC- Central County Occupational Center) (Metro Ed)

Test Accommodations

All high school students who have accommodations through an IEP or 504 plan, and are interested in taking the PSAT, SAT, or AP Exam should contact College Board’s Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). Accommodations are not automatically granted to students with an IEP or 504, and must go through a separate process with the SSD Department at College Board. Also keep in mind, College Board does not always accept or allow all of the accommodations given through an IEP or 504 at the high school to be transferred to the PSAT, SAT or AP Exam. Please allow at least 2 months for this process with the SSD department at College Board. More Information HERE.