SAN JOSE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
I. Title Student Data Technician I
Under supervision, prepares, maintains and monitors data in one or several sections of the District data bases, portions of which may be input by other District personnel.
III. Examples of Duties
Within a framework of established procedures and requirements collects monitors, maintains and enters critical student data in assigned data base sections through the use of video data input terminals. Obtains personal and/or confidential information, documents and records concerning students. Request appropriate extracts of data for State and Federal reports, analysis and use by other District personnel in carrying out their functions. Communicates with school site data processing and other District personnel and representatives of other public agencies in collecting, monitoring and maintaining specific data input. Answers questions and instructs other District personnel regarding procedural requirements in the use and application of specific sections of the student data base. Performs related duties consistent with the job description.
IV. Distinguishing Characteristics
V. Employment Standards
A. Knowledge of:
- Principles, practices, terminology and common forms used in specific students data collection activities;
- Electronic data processing control procedures;
- Modern office procedures, practices, and equipment including computer terminals.
B. Ability to:
- Analyze and monitor a variety of records;
- Prepare, maintain and audit complex reports;
- Perform arithmetical calculations with speed and accuracy;
- Operate a typewriter, calculator and computer terminal;
- Properly apply District policies and laws in a variety of situations;
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with school personnel, administrators, students and parents.
Completion of 12th grade or equivalent and three years of file maintenance and recordkeeping experience. Training in data management.
VI. Specific Qualifications
- Range 21
- Position Code SD1
Home | Back to Job Listing | Back to Employment | Contact Us