Allen at Steinbeck K-8
820 Steinbeck Drive San José, CA 95123
Allen at Steinbeck K-8 School mission is to provide our diverse student population with knowledge and skills required to achieve academic excellence and the skills necessary to become productive, responsible citizens.
Values: We are:
* Enhancing student opportunities to think critically, creatively, to learn to solve problems individually and collectively.
* Stress academic excellence for all students in ELA, Math, Science, ELD and Social Science.
* Promoting the Visual, Performing and Fine Arts.
* The use of active learning will be integrated across the grade levels.
* Closing the achievement gap and accommodating individual differences by the use of standard based curriculum.
* Have ongoing assessments to identify gaps, utilization of the best instructional practices by all teachers.
* Teaching and promoting LIFESKILLS in order to obtain a positive school culture and climate.
Goals: During the academic year we will:
1. Promote an academic program with high expectations using data to drive our instructional program.
2. Promote, expand and enhance a positive school climate and culture.
3. Build an effective teaching community based on trust, credibility, confidence and mutual support.
4. Promote and expand our school –parent and community partnerships.
5. Provide professional development training for all staff members.
Allen at Steinbeck will prepare K-8 students from a diverse community with the knowledge and skills required to achieve academic excellence along with the skills necessary to become productive, responsible leaders in our community.
* Academic achievement, critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving (individually and collectively) will be fostered from Kindergarten through 8th grade.
* A positive school climate will be promoted, enhanced, and expanded.
* An effective school community, based on trust, credibility, and confidence, will be enhanced through service learning experiences from Kindergarten through 8th grade.
* Staff training will support the development of a professional teaching staff that is willing and able to ensure the success of all students.
* School, Parent, and Community Partnerships will continue to be promoted and will be expanded to include the parents of the middle grade students.
Climate Survey Results (PDF)